Getting into an accident while driving a car you have rented can be stressful, and you may be full of questions. We are here to equip you with all the information you need just in case an accident occurs while you are in a KINTO car. Please follow this procedure:
1. Make sure you are okay and in a safe place.
2. If there are injuries, call 911.
3. If there are any issues at the time of the accident, such as the other party having no insurance, there is severe damage, intoxicated parties, or it was a hit and run, call the police, and request a police report.
4. Text us at (629) 205-4686 to let us know you have been in an accident, and we will call you back on your cell phone. Our customer service agents are available 24/7.
5. Take pictures of the other party’s driver’s license, vehicle license plate, insurance card, registration, and vehicle damage.
6. Take photos of the damage to your vehicle.
7. Get the other party’s phone number, email address, and mailing address.
8. The other party will need your car insurance and registration. These will be in the glove box of your KINTO car.
9. If the car is drivable, drive it directly back to the lot you picked it up from. If the vehicle is not drivable, text us at (629) 205-4686, and we will help you get roadside assistance.
10. If you were driving for Uber or a delivery service when the accident occurred, contact them to begin their claim process.
Upon returning the vehicle to our custody, your credit/debit card on file will be charged $1,000 for the deductible/damages fee, and we will suspend your account while we investigate the accident. You cannot rent another KINTO car until we clear you from any wrongdoing. We ask for your patience, as timeframes vary depending on the other party’s insurance carrier(s) involved and your follow-up required. Once completed, KINTO will inform you of your financial responsibility; if it equals less than $1,000, we will appropriately credit your account.